Welcome to Polar Star Lodge 5-472, Aurora, Illinois - Sons of Norway!
General information including lodge news, current newsletter, and upcoming events is provided below. Click on the navigation links above for additional information.
This information is for official Sons of Norway business use only. Use of this information for solicitation or commercial purposes
Several Polar Star-specific walking challenges are offered for 2022. The next is for August: "Ruck March for St. Olaf's food pantry". Refer to the April 2022 newsletter or contact Sports Director Jerri Lynn Baker for additional information.
Refer to the January 2022 Polar Star Newsletter or contact Cultural Director Barb Johnson for information and details.
Polar Star members as of
June 4, 2022 - Saturday - 8-11 a.m.
- Program: Norway Museum Open House and Breakfast. The Norsk Musem will open for visitors for the 2022 season.
- Norsk Museum, 3656 E. 2631 Road, Norway Illinois.
- Pre-packaged Norwegian baked gods needed for the event. Contact Nancy Andersen to volunteer and to let her know what type of baked goods you are bringing.
- Workers should arrive by 7:30 a.m.
- Kitchen Hosts: all Polar Star Lodge members.
June 15-19, 2022 - Saturday - 1-5 p.m.
- Annual Sons of Norway District 5 Lodge Meetng.
- Madison Marriott West in Middleton, WI
- All Polar Star members can attend the culture classes.
- Refer to the April Newsletter or contact President Ken Johnson for details.
August 6, 2022 - Saturday
- Ruck March in support of St. Olaf's food pantry.
- We will be walking starting at 10 AM at Violet Patch Park in Oswego along the Fox River, and carrying food in our backpacks to be donated to the pantry.
- Refer to the April 2022 and May 2022 newsletters for full details.
August 7, 2022 - Sunday
- Program: Norwegian American Women. Bring pictures and stories about the Norwegian women in your family.
- Viking games.
- Pot luck piknik luncheon. Bring your table service and a dish to share.
- Please bring non-perishable food items (or donate $) for the St. Olaf Food Pantry.
- Polar Star Monthly Meeting.
- Kitchen Hosts: Frances Berg and Al Benson.
August 31- September 1,
- Biennial Sons of Norway International Convention/Lodge Meetng.
- Location TBD
Sons of Norway:
The mission of Sons of Norway is to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, and to provide insurance and financial products to its members.