Welcome to Polar Star Lodge 5-472, Aurora, Illinois - Sons of Norway!
General information including lodge news, current newsletter, and upcoming events is provided below. Click on the navigation links above for additional information.
Polar Star members as of September 2017:
June - September, 2018
- 1-5 pm, Saturdays and Sundays
- Norsk Museum in Norway, Illinois
- Docent volunteers needed; contact Steve Tanda
September 9, 2018 - Sunday
- Program: Scandinavian Festival
- Vasa Park in South Elgin, 10 am - 6 pm
- Set-up 9 am
- Program: Scandinavian Festival Waffle Making - Polar Star Bakery and Flea Market booth
- All Members: Start baking (and freezing) your favorite Norwegian baked goods to sell in our booth, and look for Norwegian collectibles at garage sales to re-sell in our "Loppemarked" (flea market). We will be baking Norwegian Vaffler with Lingonberries on site, as well as selling pre-packaged baked goods and Norwegian knit items and collectibles
October 7, 2018 - Sunday - Norway Illinois
- Program: Slooper Society; Stoughton Norwegian Dancers; Norwegian Knife Maker; "Norwegian Americans and WW1"
- 1:00 Potluck Luncheon. Bring a dish to share.
- Doors open at 12:00.
- Polar Star Monthly Meeting
- Kitchen Hosts: n/a
September 13 to November 1, 2018
- Fox Valley Norwegian Choir rehearsals for November 4 Høstfest program;
Doris Pittman, choir director.
- 7pm Thursdays, September 13 to November 1
- St. Olaf Lutheran Church, Montgomery, IL
- Polar Star singers and friends needed
November 4, 2018 - Sunday - 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Program: Annual Norsk Høstfest - Fall Festival
- Kitchen Hosts: All Polar Star members
- Taste Traditional Norwegian Food; shop for Scandinavian gifts and jewelry.
- Polar Star Norwegian Choir
- Lefse and Krumkake demonstrations; Norwegian Craft demonstrations: rosemaling, Kolrosing, Jewelry, and knitting.
- Kitchen Hosts: all Polar Star Lodge members
Sons of Norway:
The mission of Sons of Norway is to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, and to provide insurance and financial products to its members.