Welcome to Polar Star Lodge 5-472, Aurora, Illinois - Sons of Norway!
General information including lodge news, current newsletter, and upcoming events is provided below. Click on the navigation links above for additional information.
This information is for official Sons of Norway business use only. Use of this information for solicitation or commercial purposes
Our Sports Director has offered each of us several walking challenges for 2021.
Contact Sports Director Jeri Lynn Baker with questions or to register.
Contact Sports Director Jeri Lynn Baker for additional information.
Polar Star members as of
September 12, 2021 -
- Program: Annual Scandinavian Festival.
- Vasa Park in South Elgin, 10 am - 6 pm.
- Set-up 9 am.
- Program: Scandinavian Festival Waffle Making; Polar Star Bakery and Flea Market booth.
- All Members: Start baking (and freezing) your favorite Norwegian baked goods to sell in our Bakeri booth, and look for Norwegian collectibles at garage sales to re-sell in our "Loppemarked" (flea market). We will be baking Norwegian Vaffler with Lingonberries on site, as well as selling pre-packaged baked goods and Norwegian knit items and collectibles.
- Contact Nancy Andersen with volunteer shift and baked goods.
October 3, 2021 - Sunday
- Program: Culture Showcase; Masse Moro Heritage presentation.
- 1:30 Potluck Luncheon. Bring a dish to share.
- Polar Star Monthly Meeting
- Kitchen Hosts: Kitchen Committee
November 7, 2021 - Sunday - Noon to 3:30 pm
- Program: Annual Norsk Høstfest - Fall Festival.
- Kitchen Hosts: All Polar Star members (arrive at 11:30).
- Taste Traditional Norwegian Food; shop for Scandinavian gifts and jewelry.
- Polar Star Norwegian Choir performance at 1:00.
- Lefse and Krumkake demonstrations; Norwegian Craft demonstrations: rosemaling, Rosmaling, Jewelry, and knitting. Dulcimer demonstration.
- Kitchen Hosts: all Polar Star Lodge members
Sons of Norway:
The mission of Sons of Norway is to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, and to provide insurance and financial products to its members.