Welcome to Polar Star Lodge 5-472 - Sons of Norway!
General information including lodge news, current newsletter, and upcoming events is provided below. Click on the navigation links above for additional information.
Polar Star members as of April 2017:
July 20-22, 2017 (Thur, Fri, Sat)
- Polar Star Field Trip.
- Norwegian Heritage Center (Stoughton, WI).
- Norwegian American Genealogical Center (Madison, WI)
- Old World Wisconsin.
- Quality Inn and Suites (Stoughton, WI)
August 7, 2017 - Sunday
- Program: The Lindebrekke Scandinavian Experience.
- 1:30 Potluck Luncheon
- Polar Star Monthly Meeting
- Kitchen Hosts: NEEDED
September 10, 2017 - Sunday
- Program: Scandinavian Festival
- Vasa Park in South Elgin, 10 am - 6 pm
- Program: Scandinavian Festival Waffle Making - Polar Star Bakery and Flea Market
- All Members: Start baking (and freezing) your favorite Norwegian baked goods to sell in our booth, and look for Norwegian collectibles at garage sales to re-sell in our "Loppemarked" (flea market). We will be baking Norwegian Vaffler with Lingonberries on site, as well as selling pre-packaged baked goods and Norwegian knit items and collectibles.
Sons of Norway:
The mission of Sons of Norway is to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, and to provide insurance and financial products to its members.