Welcome to Polar Star Lodge 5-472, Aurora, Illinois - Sons of Norway!
General information including lodge news, current newsletter, and upcoming events is provided below. Click on the navigation links above for additional information.
This information is for official Sons of Norway business use only. Use of this information for solicitation or commercial purposes
Our Sports Director has offered each of us a new walking challenge for 2021. The St. Francis Way in Italy, also known as the Camino di Francesco, is a superb walking trail inspired by the life of St Francis of Assisi. If you accept the challenge you will have from February 1st until July 31st to complete the 342 mile pilgrimage. Refer to the January 2021 Newsletter for details. Contact Sports Director Jeri Lynn Baker with questions or to register.
The January 2021 walking challenge ended January 31, 2021. Refer to the December 2020 Newsletter for details. Contact Sports Director Jeri Lynn Baker with questions or to register.
Contact Sports Director Jeri Lynn Baker for additional information.
Polar Star members as of
August 1, 2021 - Sunday
- Program: Polar Star Viking Games 2021 and Piknik
- 1:30 Luncheon.
- Our Polar Star Potluck will be outdoors and hotdogs will be served. Please bring a dish to pass and lawn chairs/tables/blankets.
- Polar Star Monthly Meeting
- Kitchen Hosts: TBD
September 12, 2021 - Sunday
- Program: Annual Scandinavian Festival.
- Vasa Park in South Elgin, 10 am - 6 pm.
- Set-up 9 am.
- Program: Scandinavian Festival Waffle Making; Polar Star Bakery and Flea Market booth.
- All Members: Start baking (and freezing) your favorite Norwegian baked goods to sell in our Bakeri booth, and look for Norwegian collectibles at garage sales to re-sell in our "Loppemarked" (flea market). We will be baking Norwegian Vaffler with Lingonberries on site, as well as selling pre-packaged baked goods and Norwegian knit items and collectibles.
- Contact Nancy Andersen with volunteer shift and baked goods.
Sons of Norway:
The mission of Sons of Norway is to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, and to provide insurance and financial products to its members.