Welcome to Polar Star Lodge 5-472 - Sons of Norway!
General information including lodge news, current newsletter, and upcoming events is provided below. Click on the navigation links above for additional information.
Polar Star members as of September 2017:
November 5, 2017 - Sunday - 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Program: Annual Norsk Høstfest - Fall Festival
- Kitchen Hosts: All Polar Star members
- Taste Traditional Norwegian Food; shop for Scandinavian gifts and jewelry.
- Polar Star Norwegian Choir
- Lefse and Krumkake demonstrations; Norwegian Craft demonstrations: rosemaling, Kolrosing, Jewelry, and knitting.
- Kitchen Hosts: all Polar Star Lodge members
November 18, 2017 - Sunday - seatings at 4:00 or 6:00 pm
- Program: Annual Norsk Smorgasbord (carry outs available)
- Norway Community Center in Norway, Illinois
- Proceeds support the Norsk Museum BuildingFund
- Advance tickets only; phone 815-343-5070
- Kitchen Hosts: All Cleng Peerson & Polar Star members
December 3, 2017 - Sunday
- Program: Annual Family Juletrefest Celebration
- 1:00 Tree Trimming
- 1:30 Pot Luck Luncheon
- Polar Star Monthly Meeting
- Kitchen Hosts: Polar Star Board
Sons of Norway:
The mission of Sons of Norway is to promote and preserve the heritage and culture of Norway, and to provide insurance and financial products to its members.